To Provide Foundation Support for Statewide Actions Designed to Strengthen the Quality of Classroom Teaching in Wyoming’s Public Schools by Increasing the Number of National Board Certified Teachers to a Level of National Leadership.
What we Do
General Focus Areas of the Initiative
- Recruiting applicants to participate in the National Board Certification process
- Providing support to teachers in the process
- Financial assistance with assessment fees
- Professional development specific to the National Board process
- Local cohort and one-on-one guidance by trained Candidate Support Providers and Initiative staff
- Recognizing the success of National Board Certified Teachers through the granting of awards and public events
Actions For The Foundation
- Increase awareness among leadership in Wyoming regarding the importance of National Board Certification and seek their support to encourage teachers to become certified.
- Fund statewide presentations and workshops to educate teachers about certification and the kinds of assistance they will receive in the process.
- Coordinate a support system of workshops, cohort groups, and one-on-one assistance from trained candidate support providers and staff.
- Engage National Board Certified Teachers and other education leaders to aid in making this initiative a success across the State of Wyoming.
- Fund up to $950 of the assessment fee for candidates.
- Promote concurrent participation in a University of Wyoming College of Education Masters Program and National Board Certification.
- Advocate for ongoing financial benefits for National Board Certified Teachers through our current partnership with the State (Wyoming Department of Education, the Legislature and the Governor’s office).
- Celebrate the success of National Board Certified Teachers at an annual recognition dinner.
- Grant the “Ellbogen Meritorious School” Award to schools who meet the criteria.
- Support leadership development for National Board Certified Teachers in Wyoming.
Nicolas Bellack: Client Relations Director, Educational Testing Service
Mike Ceballos: Retired Businessman; PhD Candidate
Cory Dziowgo: Principal, Wheatland Middle School, Platte County School District #1
Brian Farmer: Executive Director, Wyoming School Boards Association
Mary Ellbogen Garland: President, John P. Ellbogen Foundation
Nish Goicolea: Executive Director, Professional Teaching Standards Board
Margaret Hudson: Principal, UW Lab School, Albany County School District #1
Paige Hughes: Superintendent, Converse County School District #1
Joanie James: Retired Teacher, National Board Certified Teacher
Rae Lynn Job: Retired State Senator; Vice President, John P. Ellbogen Foundation
Amy Kassel: National Board Certified Teacher
Barb Maguire: National Board Certified Teacher, WNBCI Lead Program Facilitator
Ray Reutzel: Retired Dean, University of Wyoming College of Education
Terry Snyder: Superintendent, Fremont County School District #25
Allen Trent: Professor Educational Studies, University of Wyoming College of Education
Vacant: Wyoming Department of Education
Kathy Vetter: President, Wyoming Education Association
John P. Ellbogen Foundation
Ruth R. Ellbogen Foundation
Wyoming State Department of Education
Professional Teaching Standards Board
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
University of Wyoming College of Education
Sweetwater County School District #1
Please contact either Barb Maguire, our Lead Facilitator or Mary Ellbogen Garland, President of the John P. Ellbogen Foundation with questions or comments.