WYOMING NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATION INITIATIVE
A John P. Ellbogen Foundation Initiative
To Provide Foundation Support for Statewide Actions Designed to Strengthen the Quality of Classroom Teaching in Wyoming’s Public Schools by Increasing the Number of National Board Certified Teachers to a Level of National Leadership.
What we Do
General Focus Areas of the Initiative
- Recruiting applicants to participate in the National Board Certification process
- Providing support to teachers in the process
- Financial assistance with assessment fees
- Professional development specific to the National Board process
- Local cohort and one-on-one guidance by trained Candidate Support Providers and Initiative staff
- Recognizing the success of National Board Certified Teachers through the granting of awards and public events
First Time Candidates
The Wyoming National Board Certification Initiative will support first time candidates for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 candidate cohorts. Fee support and workshop support will be available through the 2023-2024 school year. Candidates have four years to complete the process if they begin in 2020-2021, or three years if they begin in 2021-2022.
For further information regarding fee support, click here.
First-Time Candidate Application and Candidate Portion of Fees Paid by January 21, 2021**
Retake Candidate Application and Candidate Portion of Fees Paid by January 21, 2021**
Retake Candidate Application and Candidate Portion of Fees for February 2021 Score Release Paid by March 5, 2021**
**The deadlines are for receiving Initiative support, and do not necessarily correspond with the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Deadlines.
Please contact either Barb Maguire, our Lead Facilitator or Mary Ellbogen Garland, President of the John P. Ellbogen Foundation with questions or comments.