Guidelines for Submitting a Letter of Intent to Participate
The following guidelines are for consideration for the 2016-2017 school year.
1. Letter of Intent to Participate to be received by close of business March 15, 2017.
2. Letters must be mailed to:
Mary Garland, President: John P. Ellbogen Foundation, P.O. Box 1670, Laramie, WY 82703
3. Letters should be limited to 5 pages and must include the following information:
Name and address of the school
Names and contact information for the leader(s) of this school initiative
Profile of the school to include a comprehensive description of:
- the grade levels served in the building;
the numbers of certified professional staff that teach full-time or are
- assigned to the school on a fractional basis, and their assignments;
the student population to include socio-economic levels, at-risk
- factors and strengths;
the commitment of the certified professionals and staff members in the building to excellence in education and a specific action example of this commitment;
- the number of National Board Certified Teachers in the building during the 2015-2016 school year and percentage of certified professional staff that this represents;
A statement from the building leader and district superintendent regarding their commitment to the Ellbogen Meritorious School Program and how they will participate and support the program throughout the time of the school’s participation.
4. The letter must have the signature of the building leader and district superintendent.
5. Letters informing schools of their status in the program will be sent no later than May 1, 2017.